Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Mosquitoes and me - A story of Blind one sided love

The mosquitoes around Seema Society - they absolutely love me. Every time I come home, you can bet half your fortune that i am going to catch malaria within a month's time. You could claim that my society is close to a huge breeding ground for mosquitoes, but then why is it that only I get malaria and no one else in the building.

I analysed this and came up with a few possible reasons

a) I am a babe magnet: okkkkkkkkk. I'll say it again. okkkkkkkkkkk. I mean how could my brain even come up with that. Agreed its the FEMALE anopheles mosquito, but the other side is you. when was the last time a woman gave you a second glance. Wait a minute, when was the last time a woman gave you a first glance. Ok. Enough. Theory chucked.

b) Personal hygiene: I agree, I do not set very high standards of personal hygiene. In fact if it was possible I will lower it further, but that would be an impossibility. That actually puts me in a good position to realise that its the flies that are attracted to dirt and not mosquitoes. And even if that were not the case everyone else in my house are cleanliness freaks. The house has to be spic and span. Plus they hate mosquitoes, making it a point to deploy chemical repellents to keep them away.(Personally, am neutral. I do not car4e if mosquitoes live or die.) Yet the mosquitoes overcome all this and more to come kiss me in my bedroom. Additional proof that I am the sole object of the mosquitoes longing is that my brother who sleeps in the nearby bed in the same room has never been affected.

c) Virah mein pyar badhtha hai?: Not being at home for longish periods of time, the mosquitoes begin to miss me. So when I do return the mosquitoes shower their love with some sort of vengeance. This is corroborated by the fact that my first bout of malaria was when I returned home before starting 4th year of college. I lived in mumbai before joining college, and after that only for vacations.

Inspite of the anti-malarial drug induced thought (the most likely reason of how i must have come up with option a), I am happy that I had the reasoning power to come up with option c and also conclude that it was the most likely option.

The mosquitoes are losing their sting though. First time their love sent me to the hospital for a week. The second time I was in decently bad state for more than 3 days. This time the affter - effects of their love seems to have lasted just the better part of a day.

4 comments:

Surrealist said...

female mosquitos are attracted to estrogen dude. you should get a gender check.

brat said...

you posted this almost immediatealy after i wrote... that calls for far more important mental testing than what a supposed estrogen bias mosquitoes have may call for!!

arunsekhar1 said...

u must be knowing its a particular smell that ur body produces.. I am one of the hotshots too among the mosquito community... They gave me dengue a few years back.. almost died :(

Crosslee said...

I still suggest that u go with option (a)... I still remember u in hostel with a mosquito spray and still only ur room attracts most mosquitoes...
Option (b) can be ruled out bcoz there was another person in hostel with a much lower level of hygiene(nah it was me!!!)
Option (c) though tempting is wrong... mosquitoes kissed u in hostel as well as in home... If the reason was that "missing u stimulated them"...then they should have spared you in hostel atleast... my observation is mosquitoes in hostel were ur lovers and mosquitoes in ur home were ur ex-girlfriends!!!!(so vengeance)