Sunday, July 26, 2009

My biggest regret!!!

I have been thinking about it and have found my biggest regret to date. NO! Its not the fact that I haven't netted a girl in four years of college. Neither is it that I did not get a PhD admit. Its not even something like not being able to find a place in the Indian cricket team.

Its something far more substantial, and something I had full control of. Not having failed a single exam in my entire academic career till date. Forget an exam, I haven't even failed in an unit test.

I came mighty close on two occasions, but yet failed to fail. One was a unit test in electronics in my 11th standard. That was the only time my bad handwriting helped me pass. No one, not even the teachers knew the answers to the questions set. For most people in my class, who had good handwritings, the teachers would have felt extremely guilty to give marks to something obviously wrong. But in my case they wouldn't have been able to decipher what I had written, and would have come to the conclusion that there is a possibility that he has written some sense, so lets just ignore and give him pass marks. I got something like 22/50 and thus passed.

The second instance was in college. Bioprocess II. Here I had hardly any clue on what was happening, and the professor did. And very technically I failed the assessments. But this was in our 6th semester, the semester after which we are placed. The professor turned out to be a good guy, who didn't want an arrear to mar our chances to get a job. So he gave us a second chance. For all the people who failed in the internal assements, including me, he put the internal assessment score as 25/50 and thus essentially making us pass out assessments at least. So on record I still passed.

Well anyway I am mostly done with exams in the school or college sense, and will have to carry this regret with me till the end. Even if I do have to take such exams, looking at my record I hardly doubt that I will pass each of those.

The only silver lining in this dark cloud of regret is that I have never managed to cross 90% marks overall in any exam ever. I have been a consistent Mr. 80 - 90 %. And that speaks decently of my consistency!

3 comments:

suhas said...

did you pass the mass transfer first assessment??? only a handful did.. if i remember right we were all in the 5-9 category out of 20..

brat said...

i am counting internals as a whole... if counted individually i have flunked many... including 1 physics, 1 eee the mass transfer etc

Unknown said...

i sympathise with you. i for one am proud that i have attained the entire spectrum of grades!maybe you can try mucking up at UIUC